MAG80 – Raymond, Mississippi
April 4, 2022 @ 8:30 am - April 8, 2022 @ 5:00 pm$1100
An intensive study of defensive firearms that teaches extreme speed for hits, and includes shooting at greater distances, and management of such contingencies as weak hand draws, one-hand only reloads and malfunction clearing if wounded, etc. Students receive several hours of hands-on training in handgun disarming, and in countering attempts by an attacker to disarm them. Shooting while moving, and use of long guns for defense, are among the areas covered. Round count: 500 handgun, 100 long gun. Prerequisites: MAG-20/Classroom plus MAG-20/Live Fire; MAG-40 or LFI-I.
What Do I bring?
- A good quality handgun, suitable for self-protection and/or concealed carry. Remember that you will be firing approximately 500 rounds during this class, so ultra-lightweight firearms, though suitable for concealed carry, are not a good choice for class use. If you have any questions about the suitability of your gun, please contact us. It is a good idea to bring a spare gun, if you have one, just in case your primary gun breaks. ( it happens more than you think)
- A good quality holster. You need a safe, quality holster and belt. Again, if you have any questions, please contact us.
- A minimum of 3 magazines or speed loaders for your handgun.
- A magazine pouch/holder for at least 2 of your spare magazines or speed loaders.
- A sturdy belt, to support the above.
- Hearing protection.
- Eye protection.
- Billed cap or other brimmed headwear (not red).
- At least 500 rounds of decent quality, reliable ammunition. Range ammunition (FMJ, etc.) is fine. You do not need to use premium self defense ammo for this course.
- Clothing suitable for the weather and the range. If necessary, we will finish our range work in whatever conditions exist at class time, live-fire classes run rain or shine, mud may be involved.
- Raingear plus a light jacket and sweater or sweatshirt (mornings and evenings can be cold, even in Florida).
- Note taking materials.You will need to take LOTS of notes. We’ll explain why when you get here. If you wish to use a laptop computer or a tablet, that is OK (you may also want to bring an extension cord/power strip). Audio or video recording of the class is not allowed.
- Firearm cleaning supplies plus any tools / lubricants that you might need.
- A flashlight. Although we will not be doing any night shooting, it can get getting dark fairly early and some of our facilities have no lighting at the range. A flashlight might be handy for packing up your gear and getting to your car.
- Dummy gun, holster if dummy gun not the same type as handgun used in class.
- Work Gloves
- Long Gun Requirements for MAG-80:
- Student may use centerfire rifle or carbine, or shotgun, or switch off between the two.
- Carbine may be pistol caliber, .223, .30 Carbine, or 7.62X39. Rifles should be semiautomatic. Must have minimum three magazines. Ammunition requirement will be 100 rounds total.
- Shotguns must have four-round magazine minimum. Shotguns may be semiautomatic or slide action. Ammunition requirement will be 100 rounds total. Shotgun ammo should be in the form of 90 rifled slugs and ten buckshot rounds.