MAG30/Range- Lake Villa, IL
September 13 @ 8:00 am - September 15 @ 5:00 pm$519
MAG-30 Range is a three-day course is specifically designed to bring the MAG-40 Graduate to the next level of their shooting skills using Massad Ayoob’s Defensive Handgun Shooting System. MAG-30 Range is a physically and mentally demanding course. The 3,000 round count Course of Fire is extremely structured for maximum efficiency. Each core technique is trained, skill builder drills are performed and a minimum score is needed for each of the 8 qualifications. All “Standard Speed” Qualifications need a passing score of 90%, 270 points scored out of a possible 300 points. All other qualifications need a passing score of 70%, 225 points scored out of a possible 300 points. All techniques during all qualifications must be performed properly with passing scores to receive a MAG-30 Range certificate.
Each student will need a minimum of 5 magazines or speed loaders. All magazines and speed loaders must be worn in a magazine pouch or speed loader holder on the student’s belt. Each Student will need “muff type” ear protection and eye protection for this course. Each student will need a lunch each day as there will be “working lunches.”
A MAG40 certificate and current Proof of Good Character are non-negotiable prerequisites for MAG30 Range.
Instructors: David Maglio
Prerequisite: MAG40 or LFI I.
What Do I bring?
- A good quality handgun, suitable for self-protection and/or concealed carry. Remember that you will be firing approximately 3000 rounds during this class, so ultra-lightweight firearms, though suitable for concealed carry, are not a good choice for class use. If you have any questions about the suitability of your gun, please contact us. It is a good idea to bring a spare gun, if you have one, just in case your primary gun breaks. ( it happens more than you think)
- A good quality holster. You need a safe, quality holster and belt. Again, if you have any questions, please contact us.
- A minimum of 4 magazines or speed loaders for your handgun.
- A magazine pouch/holder for all 4 of your magazines or speed loaders all 4 must be worn on your belt.
- A sturdy belt, to support the above.
- Muff type hearing protection.
- Eye protection.
- Billed cap or other brimmed headwear (not red).
- At least 3,000 rounds of decent quality, reliable ammunition. Range ammunition (FMJ, etc.) is fine. You do not need to use premium self defense ammo for this course.
- Clothing suitable for the weather and the range. If necessary, we will finish our range work in whatever conditions exist at class time, live-fire classes run rain or shine, mud may be involved.
- Raingear plus a light jacket and sweater or sweatshirt (mornings and evenings can be cold, even in Florida).
- Note taking materials. Audio or video recording of the class is not allowed.
- Firearm cleaning supplies plus any tools / lubricants / parts that you might need. A spare gun might come in handy.
- A flashlight. Although we will not be doing any night shooting, it can get getting dark fairly early and some of our facilities have no lighting at the range. A flashlight might be handy for packing up your gear and getting to your car.
- Bring your own lunches, snacks, beverages etc. We have a “working lunch” in all classes.
Please note that the above list is just the essentials. You may bring additional items (such as a range bag, extra magazines, folding chairs and tables, tarps etc.), if you choose.
Many of our range locations have portable toilets, most do not have running water. For your comfort you might want to bring wipes, disposable washcloths and / or hand sanitizer.
Bring water, while we do provide water at all of our locations, it never hurts to bring some more.
We teach in many locations and cannot guarantee the comfort of the chairs, if that might be an issue for you feel free to bring a cushion to sit on (We like this one).
If you have any questions ask the host of the class you are taking.