MAG20 / Live Fire – San Antonio, Texas
March 17, 2022 @ 8:30 am - March 18, 2022 @ 7:00 pm$500
Massad Ayoob Group MAG20 – Live Fire is a two day, 20-hour immersion course in the use of the defensive handgun under extreme stress. Draw from concealment, two-handed stances, shooting from cover, one-handed stances with either hand, speed reloading, and more are taught with an overall emphasis on fast, accurate shot placement. The course will culminate with a police-style qualification course. Estimated ammo count: 500 rounds. Prerequisite: Basic understanding of firearms safety. Cost: $500
What Do I bring?
- A good quality handgun, suitable for self-protection and/or concealed carry. Remember that you will be firing approximately 500 rounds during this class, so ultra-lightweight firearms, though suitable for concealed carry, are not a good choice for class use. If you have any questions about the suitability of your gun, please contact us. It is a good idea to bring a spare gun, if you have one, just in case your primary gun breaks. ( it happens more than you think)
- A good quality holster. You need a safe, quality holster and belt. Again, if you have any questions, please contact us.
- A minimum of 3 magazines or speed loaders for your handgun.
- A magazine pouch/holder for at least 2 of your spare magazines or speed loaders.
- A sturdy belt, to support the above.
- Hearing protection.
- Eye protection.
- Billed cap or other brimmed headwear (not red).
- At least 500 rounds of decent quality, reliable ammunition. Range ammunition (FMJ, etc.) is fine. You do not need to use premium self-defense ammo for this course.
- Clothing suitable for the weather and the range. If necessary, we will finish our range work in whatever conditions exist at class time, live-fire classes run rain or shine, mud may be involved.
- Raingear plus a light jacket and sweater or sweatshirt (mornings and evenings can be cold, even in Florida).
- Note-taking materials. You will need to take LOTS of notes. We’ll explain why when you get here. If you wish to use a laptop computer or a tablet, that is OK. Audio or video recording of the class is not allowed.
- Firearm cleaning supplies plus any tools/lubricants that you might need.
- A flashlight. Although we will not be doing any night shooting, it can get getting dark fairly early and some of our facilities have no lighting at the range. A flashlight might be handy for packing up your gear and getting to your car.