MAG120 – Raymond, Mississippi
April 3 @ 8:30 am – April 7 @ 5:00 pm
MAG120 includes: “outer limits” exercises of advanced combat handgun skill…advanced combat shotgun…introduction to assault rifle and submachine gun…ambidextrous shooting skill…shooting under extreme pressure…advanced subtleties of self-protection both on the street and in the courtroom. Full certification in weapon retention and Kuboton/Persuader are included. Ideal for the instructor or future instructor. 40 hrs. Submachine guns will be available depending on location.
Prerequisites: MAG80 or LFI-II.
What Do I bring?
- A good quality handgun, suitable for self-protection and/or concealed carry. Remember that you will be firing approximately 500 rounds during this class, so ultra-lightweight firearms, though suitable for concealed carry, are not a good choice for class use. If you have any questions about the suitability of your gun, please contact us. It is a good idea to bring a spare gun, if you have one, just in case your primary gun breaks. ( it happens more than you think)
- A good quality holster. You need a safe, quality holster and belt. Again, if you have any questions, please contact us.
- A minimum of 3 magazines or speed loaders for your handgun.
- A magazine pouch/holder for at least 2 of your spare magazines or speed loaders.
- A sturdy belt, to support the above.
- Hearing protection.
- Eye protection.
- Billed cap (not red) or other brimmed headwear.
- At least 500 rounds of decent quality, reliable ammunition. Range ammunition (FMJ, etc.) is fine. You do not need to use premium self-defense ammo for this course.
- Clothing suitable for the weather and the range. If necessary, we will finish our range work in whatever conditions exist at class time, live-fire classes run rain or shine, mud may be involved.
- Raingear plus a light jacket and sweater or sweatshirt (mornings and evenings can be cold, even in Florida).
- Note-taking materials.You will need to take LOTS of notes. We’ll explain why when you get here. If you wish to use a laptop computer or a tablet, that is OK (you may also want to bring an extension cord/power strip). Audio or video recording of the class is not allowed.
- Firearm cleaning supplies plus any tools/lubricants that you might need.
- A flashlight.
- Dummy gun, holster if dummy gun not the same type as handgun used in class.
- Work Gloves
- Body Armor, if you have it.
- Long Gun Requirements for MAG120:
- Student may use centerfire rifle or carbine, or shotgun, or switch off between the two.
- Carbine may be pistol caliber, .223, .30 Carbine, or 7.62X39. Rifles should be semiautomatic. Must have minimum three magazines. Ammunition requirement will be 100 rounds total.
- Shotguns must have four-round magazine minimum. Shotguns may be semiautomatic or slide action. Ammunition requirement will be 100 rounds total. Shotgun ammo should be in the form of 90 rifled slugs and ten buckshot rounds.
- If you want to fire full-auto machine guns please bring Factory Made pistol caliber ammunition, the type will be dependant on location, your host will notify you as to what will be available. Quality Factory Ammo is required.
Please note that the above list is just the essentials. You may bring additional items (such as a range bag, extra magazines, folding chairs and tables, tarps etc.) if you choose.
Many of our range locations have portable toilets, most do not have running water. For your comfort, you might want to bring wipes, disposable washcloths and/or hand sanitizer.
Please bring your own lunches, snacks, beverages etc. We have a “working lunch” in all classes. Many of our facilities do not have a place close enough to purchase meals and get back in a reasonable amount of time. Also, remember that many of our classes are 10 hour days so if you need another meal in that amount of time please bring it. Bring water, while we do provide water at all of our locations, it never hurts to bring some more. We teach in many locations and cannot guarantee the comfort of the chairs, if that might be an issue for you feel free to bring a cushion to sit on (We like this one).
If you have any questions ask the host of the class you are taking.
All Classes meet at 8:30 AM on the First Day
Register for Classes