Use of Deadly Force Instructor
Taught personally by Massad Ayoob, this one week 40+ hour course of instruction is offered by the Massad Ayoob Group in conjunction with Marty Hayes of The Armed Citizen’s Legal Defense Network to teach and certify self-defense firearms instructors in the complicated and nuanced discipline of teaching the legalities of use of deadly force in self-defense. Teaching how to shoot is the easy part. Much tougher is teaching people when and when not to use force, including deadly force, in self-defense. In addition to learning what to teach and how to present it, students will also learn how to take their expertise to court, to both serve as a material witness for their students, and perhaps an expert witness in other self-defense court cases. Course content includes:
- Justifying the use of deadly force in self-defense
- Use of non-lethal force in self-defense
- Understanding the affirmative defense of self-defense
- Physiological phenomenon involved in deadly force incidents
- Criminal law and self-defense
- Dynamics of violent encounters
- Mock courtroom exercise
- Issues from actual self-defense cases (case studies)
- Classroom presentation
Pre-requisites: Instructor credentials or membership in the Armed Citizens’ Legal Defense Network, Inc.
Students will be expected to prepare for this class by researching their own state’s laws on the use of deadly force, along with their own state’s case law, and bring this material to the class. Additionally, students should be prepared for the instruction to go into the early evening if necessary on some days, in order to cover the vast array of material that needs to be covered.
TUITION for Deadly Force Instructor Class: $1,500
NOTE: Previous LFI-1, MAG-40 or MAG-20 Classroom students will receive a $200 discount, Armed Citizens’ Legal Defense Network members that are not LFI-1, MAG-40 or MAG-20 Classroom graduates will receive a $100.00 discount. Students are only able to receive one of these discounts.
- Note-taking materials. You will need to take LOTS of notes.
- Audio or video recording of the class is not allowed
- A laptop computer or a tablet, that can accept a USB-A thumb drive. (you may also want to bring an extension cord/power strip).
- Please bring your own lunches, snacks, beverages, etc. We have a “working lunch” in all classes. Many of our facilities do not have a place close enough to purchase meals and get back in a reasonable amount of time.
- We teach in many locations and cannot guarantee the comfort of the chairs, if that might be an issue for you feel free to bring a cushion to sit on (We like this one).
There is a $100 discount for ACLDN members and a $200 discount for MAG40, MAG20 Classroom or LFI-1 graduates. Discounts cannot be combined.
- June 6, 2022 @ 8:30 am - June 10, 2022 @ 5:00 pm