MAG-180 is the Massad Ayoob Group’s most advanced program.
Mastery of handgun retention advances to Instructor level. You will train career cops in this critical survival skill and certify them yourself. Mastery of the Kubotan/Persuader you learned in MAG-120 advances to instructor level also.
Shooting progresses to an extremely fast level with Handgun, Shotgun and Rifle.
MAG-180 is where we “go beyond the envelope.”
Non-negotiable prerequisite for this course is MAG-120 or a LFI-3 Certificate.
We won’t tell you all of what 2018 brings…until you get there. Suffice to say the tradition will continue. This will be the first offering this course. Mas has not conducted a similar course in over 11 years.
There will be a maximum of 30 students
What Do I bring?
- A good quality handgun, suitable for self-protection and/or concealed carry. It is a good idea to bring a spare gun, if you have one, just in case your primary gun breaks. ( it happens more than you think)
- A good quality holster. You need a safe, quality holster and belt.
- A minimum of 3 magazines or speed loaders for your handgun.
- A magazine pouch/holder for at least 2 of your spare magazines or speed loaders.
- A sturdy belt, to support the above.
- Hearing protection.
- Eye protection.
- Billed cap (not red) or other brimmed headwear.
- At least xxx rounds of decent quality, reliable ammunition. Range ammunition (FMJ, etc.) is fine. You do not need to use premium self-defense ammo for this course.
- Clothing suitable for the weather and the range. If necessary, we will finish our range work in whatever conditions exist at class time, live-fire classes run rain or shine, mud may be involved, we only break for lightning.
- Raingear plus a light jacket and sweater or sweatshirt (mornings and evenings can be cold, even in Florida).
- Note taking materials. If you wish to use a laptop computer or a tablet, that is OK (you may also want to bring an extension cord/power strip). Audio or video recording of the class is not allowed.
- Firearm cleaning supplies plus any tools / lubricants that you might need.
- A flashlight. A flashlight might be handy for packing up your gear and getting to your car.
- Dummy gun, holster if dummy gun not the same type as handgun used in class.
- Work Gloves
- Body Armor, if you have it.
- Long Gun Requirements for MAG-180:
- Student may use centerfire rifle or carbine, or shotgun, or switch off between the two.
- Carbine may be pistol caliber, .223, .30 Carbine, or 7.62X39. Rifles should be semiautomatic. Must have minimum three magazines. Ammunition requirement will be xxx rounds total.
- Shotguns must have four-round magazine minimum. Shotguns may be semiautomatic or slide action. Ammunition requirement will be xxx rounds total. Shotgun ammo should be in the form of xx rifled slugs and xx buckshot rounds.
Please note that the above list is just the essentials. You may bring additional items (such as a range bag, extra magazines, folding chairs and tables, tarps etc.) if you choose.
Many of our range locations have portable toilets, most do not have running water. For your comfort, you might want to bring wipes, disposable washcloths and / or hand sanitizer.
Please bring your own lunches, snacks, beverages etc. We have a “working lunch” in all classes. Many of our facilities do not have a place close enough to purchase meals and get back in a reasonable amount of time. Also remember that many of our classes are 10 hour days so if you need another meal in that amount of time please bring it. Bring water, while we do provide water at all of our locations, it never hurts to bring some more. We teach in many locations and cannot guarantee the comfort of the chairs, if that might be an issue for you feel free to bring a cushion to sit on (We like this one).
If you have any questions ask the host of the class you are taking.